Write a 750-1,000-word paper that addresses the following:
- A definition of screening, assessment, and treatment plan
- What is the assessment process for identifying addictive disorders?
- What considerations must be made for choosing an appropriate assessment tool?
- A general overview of the substance use disorder criteria according to the DSM.
- A discussion about the potential problems that can arise when a counselor relies solely on the diagnostic criteria listed in the DSM for treatment planning.
- Include at least two examples of commonly used substance use disorder assessment tools.
- Discuss the need for crisis management when working with a client.
- Include a minimum of two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
When writing the paper, consider using the following level-one APA headings to help organize the content:
- Assessment Process
- General Overview of Criteria
- Potential Problems
- Crisis Management