Review “The Case of Cathy” and consider your differential diagnostic process for her. Be sure to consider any past diagnoses and what influence they might have on her current diagnosis and needs.
- Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention).
- Identity any close differentials and why they were eliminated. Concisely support your decisions with the case materials and readings.
- Explain how diagnosing a client with a personality disorder may affect their treatment.
- Analyze how power and privilege may influence who is labeled with a personality disorder and which types of personality disorders.
- Identify how trauma affects the case, either precipitating the diagnosis and/or resulting from related symptoms or treatment of diagnosis.